Thursday, May 24, 2012

Additional Grammar Sentence Pattern Examples


Below are sentences from forum 2 that demonstrate the patterns 1-10. One sentence has a mistake.  Can you find it?

The Be Patterns
I. The science conference    is     today.
II. The witches    are     wicked.
III. The journalists     are     established writers.
The Linking Verb Patterns
IV. The violin     sounds     phenomenal. 
V. My cousin    became     a doctor.
The Intransitive Verb Pattern
VI. The infant     gurgled.
The Transitive Verb Patterns
VII. My mother     baked     a cake.
VIII. My best friend      bought   a stunning necklace       in Shanghai.
IX. The parents     made     the list of chores     long.
X. The judges    picked    the grey goat     as most beautiful.

1. The kids are downstairs.
2. The teachers are excellent.
3. Amy is a doctor.
4. He seems smart.
5. Stacie became a ballet dancer.
6. The baby napped.
7. Chris dropped the football.
8. I hit the tennis ball to Jamie.
9. Harry considers his luck unbelievable.
10. The town considered Bob a hero.
1. My brother is at the park.
2. The receptionist was rude.
3. Josh is a great co-worker.
4. Anita's Kitchen tastes very delicious.
5. The student became a professor.
6. My Mom laughed.
7. My dog bit the mailman.
8. The server gave my family the wrong food.
9. My cousin painted her bedroom purple.
10. The new co-workers considered Josh a hard worker.
Sentence Pattern 1:  NP1 + V-be + ADV/TP
My friends are here.
Sentence Pattern 2: NP1 + V-be + ADJ
My friends are kind.
Sentence Pattern 3: NP1 + V-be + NP1
Mr. Ahmed has been a teacher for fifty years.
Sentence Pattern 4: NP1 + LV + ADJ
The soldier looks worn.
Sentence Pattern 5: NP1 + LV + NP1
The dog became a hero.
Sentence Pattern 6: NP1 + V-int
The girl slept.
Sentence Pattern 7: NP1 + V-tr + NP2
Sarah threw the ball.
Sentence Pattern 8: NP1 + V-tr + NP2 + NP3
The child gave his mother his blanket.
Sentence Pattern 9: NP1 + V-tr + NP2 + ADJ
She found the boy cute.
Sentence Pattern 10: NP1 + V-tr + NP2 + NP2
The country voted Obama president.
Pattern 1: The rock concert was yesterday.
Pattern 2: The cats are sleepy.
Pattern 3:  Mrs. Armstrong is my mother.
Pattern 4:  The guitar solo sounds hard.
Pattern 5: The cats became fat.
Pattern 6: The campers napped after their exhausting walk up the mountain.
Pattern 7: The athlete ran a race.
Pattern 8:  The doctor gave me the prescription.
Pattern 9: The professor made the lecture difficult.
Pattern 10: The children refer to me as their friend.
Pattern 1: The baseball game is tomorrow.
Pattern 2: The receptionist was rude.
Pattern 3: Josh is a great co-worker.
Pattern 4:  Anita's Kitchen tastes very delicious.
Patern 5: The student became a professor.
Pattern 6: My mom laughed.
Pattern 7: My dog bit the mailman.
Pattern 8: The server gave the family the wrong food.
Pattern 9: My cousin painted her bedroom purple.
 Pattern 10: The new co-workers considered Josh a hard-worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment